Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

"You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you"

He was white. They always blame the black man or the brown man. As of 2008 (I know, that's a while back), black men were jailed at a rate more than 6.5 times that of white guys, and 2.5 that of Hispanic men. At the end of 2007 there were 3,138 Black male prisoners per 100,000 Black men in the United States. The second highest is the rate of 1,259 Hispanic male prisoners per 100,000 Hispanic men, compared with 481 White male prisoners per 100,000 White men. Although these statistics are from a while back, it can kind of give you an idea of how fucked up the prison system is. A lot of people are being "let off the the hook" because of their stature, whether it be money or race.

He.was.white. Sure, I've had a lot of fucked up shit happen in my life, and I've had bad experiences with people of several colors, but this was the worst thing and he was white.

I haven't thought about it in a while, but it came into my head today while I was driving--I have no idea where it came from, but it came. It frustrates me, the way this system works...this government...this country in general, actually. Nothing really seems fair to me. Women are still so inferior to men, and people of color are still so inferior to "the white man." Yay, we have an "African-American" president...but things have still barely changed. There's just so much wrong, I don't even know where to start or what to start with. Not all people of color are bad, and not all white people are good--so those who think that...well, you can just go fuck yourselves.

Over and out.
J-Money

No comments:

Post a Comment